Thursday, December 17, 2009

1000 grams...hooray!!






Well, today Jack is 12 days old. He has gained 20 grams since yesterday. Technically he is still 2 lbs 3oz, since they were rounding up when he was at 980 grams. He did good overnight and stayed stable. The doctor has again increased his feedings to 6ml. Also, good news came back regarding his blood culture. Nothing was found to indicate anything was wrong. He is being given some antibiotics though. The gunk around his eyes and mouth are clearing up and he is looking alot better. At the first care time this morning his heart rate was a little high, thought are that it's possibly because he is too hot. When we came back later his heart rate had gone back down, and it was steady so we were glad to see that.

Around lunchtime Jack got his tiny footprints taken. By accident the nurse used the wrong side of the ink pad, and his feet looked like they were tattooed. That mess got all cleaned up without further incident and we got a nice set of foot prints. The nurse he had today made him a rather fancy name card for his sleep chamber. Jack thinks it's pretty cool, it has robots and his name in big letters on it.

On his last visit the nurse told us that Jack's oxygen levels had been nice and low all afternoon. Right around 21 percent, which is what most people on Earth breath. He also had a nice big poopy diaper that he decided he would save for my turn to change him. I have to say it's very nice to have a couple good days back to back.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Mary and Curt, I'm sure Jack was listening to everything I told him yesterday. I also think he wants me to come back to sing to him. I'm glad it was a good day for all. By the way, I loved the Christmas card. With all you have going on, I can't believe you got a card out. It puts me to shame.

    Love you all,
    Aunt Sharon

    ReplyDelete