Saturday, December 12, 2009

Kangaroo Jack









Everyone has heard enough from me over the last week. Tonight I'm turning the reigns over to Mary, and she is going to give everyone the update, Curtis

I was a little sad that my mom had to fly home today but once I saw the baby I felt better. Jack is still on photo therapy and he looks like he's sunbathing. He rests very peacefully all sprawled out like he had a busy day at the beach. His oxygen was at 25% which is great. Once we woke him up for care time he was very fussy. He hated being disturbed and his crying was a lot louder today. He weighed 2 lbs, 2 oz or 970 grams. We had to change his diaper twice today one right after the other. I got the first changing and then he went poop (Curt got to change that one and it was quite big). Jack is doing well on the breast milk and I can't wait to see him get bigger. At his 12:30 care time I got to do Kangaroo care and the nurse laid him on my chest, tucking him under my shirt. He wasn't quite sure at first and fussed a little but then relaxed and went to sleep for 45 minutes. It was such a great feeling. At his 3:30 care time they changed his oxygen mask to one that should be easier on his face and not irritate his skin. So far it's been a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Mary...that is a beautiful picture of you and Jack...so peaceful for both of you! Rich and I continue sending our love and hope for continued strength for each of you. j&r

    ReplyDelete