Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Breath of Fresh Air




First off I apologized for not having a post up until now. I had to go into work for some training on a new computer system (and to conserve time off). Anyhow, Jack is still making great strides. Overnight he was weened completely off of his oxygen, so he is now breathing just room air. That is one giant tube off his face and only one more to go (but it's a little smaller). Hopefully we can start to get him bottle/nipple feeding. So, Jack makes it over another hurdle (maybe he'll end up being a track star after all these hurdles). He lost a little weigh, but still technically at 5 lbs 3 oz (the weight loss maybe from them taking off the oxygen tube). Like I said I was at some training so I only got to be there for the first part of the day, but when I checked in with Mary she said he was doing fine.

I'm starting to get a little nervous at the thought of him coming home, but a good nervous. I hope he keeps making these strides the next few days to weeks.

PS--Just got an update from Mary that his feedings went up to 47ml.

No comments:

Post a Comment